100 examples of synonyms with phrasesClassification:9,6/101287assessments
Synonyms are words that have the same or similar meanings and can be a useful tool for writers to add variety to their language and avoid repetition. Here are 100 examples of synonyms with phrases:
- Happy - Cheerful: "He felt happy after receiving good news."
- Angry - Furious: "He got mad when he found out someone had taken his lunch out of the fridge."
- Large - Large: "The elephant is a large animal."
- Small - Tiny: "The ant is a small insect."
- Fast - Fast: "He ran fast to catch the bus."
- Slow - leisurely: "She walked slowly down the street, taking in the sights and sounds."
- Hot - Warm: "It was a hot day so I drank a lot of water."
- Cold - Frosty: "It was a cold winter day, so I put on my warmest coat."
- Rich - Rich: "He was a rich man with a big house and many luxurious possessions."
- Poor - destitute: "She was a poor woman, struggling to make ends meet."
- Beautiful - Attractive: "She was a beautiful woman with long flowing hair and bright eyes."
- Ugly - Repulsive: "The monster was an ugly creature, with warts and sharp teeth."
- Good - Excellent: "The food was good, but the service was excellent."
- Bad - Terrible: "The movie was bad, with a confusing plot and terrible acting."
- Easy - Simple: "The puzzle was easy to solve, with just a few pieces."
- Difficult - Challenging: "The math problem was difficult and required careful thought and calculation."
- Alto - Alto: "The mountain was high, with snowy peaks."
- Low - Short: "The chair was low, so it was easy to sit on."
- Close - Close: "The store was close by, a short walk away."
- Far - Distant: "The beach was far away, requiring a long drive to get there."
- Old - Old: "The temple was old, with columns and worn stone walls."
- New - Fresh: "The car was new, with a shiny exterior and a clean interior."
- Heavy - Heavy: "The suitcase was heavy, so it was difficult to carry."
- Light - Airy: "The handkerchief was light, almost weightless in your hand."
- Wet - Damp: "The grass was wet, from the morning dew."
- Dry - Arid: "The desert was dry, with no sign of water or vegetation."
- Loud - Loud: "The show was loud, with music blaring from the speakers."
- Silence - Silence: "The library was silent, just the sound of people turning pages."
- Young - Juvenile: "I was young, fresh-faced and energetic."
- Old Woman - Old Woman: "She was old, with wrinkles and gray hair."
- Happy - Pleased: "He was happy to see his friends at the party."
- Sad - Miserable: "She was sad after receiving bad news."
- Brave - Brave: "He was brave, he faced danger without fear."
- Fear - Fearful: "I was afraid of the dark and always had a night light on."
- Strong – Powerful: "He was strong, able to lift heavy weights with ease."
100 examples of synonyms with phrases?
You may also have noticed words that are different in spelling and pronunciation, but you've been told they mean the same thing. Not only will you be able to practice what you want to say, but you'll also be able to pronounce the correct term or expression before you say anything. The more you use that word, the better the understanding and the better you will remember it. Example sentence; He has a previous engagement tonight. Example sentence; Her biological mother abandoned her at a very young age. List of synonyms from A to Z Synonyms with one word Synonym Horrible terrible Admit to confess Organization of association Applicable Relevant Summary summary Appreciable considerable Accumulate to build Ensure to ensure Respond Attractive Attractive Irritating Irritating Enliven Enliven Appear Appear Appear Occur Almost Almost Scented Aromatic Witty Cunning Absent Absent About about Burning passion Achieve Achieve Achieve Achieve Seemingly obvious Manage Manage Anyway Beyond Synonyms with the B word Synonym Bizarre Bizarre Start to start To bring something. My origin is YOU.
It also gives students a wider range of vocabulary to start with. An example is the words far and far. You are more than that. This dictionary provides many useful reference materials, special in-depth reviews of topics such as idioms, phrasal verbs, and much more. To build means to build something. Shining- His shoes were shining.
Synonyms example sentences with types 50 examples
It was hard to get her out of there; the hole was very narrow and deep, but we rescued her from it. Cheap- The shoes are cheap but they look good. Example sentence; Everything you need to know but are too embarrassed to ask. Example sentence; Unemployment has been the most obvious cost of the recession. What are synonyms for? This stillness seemed to be the prelude to a storm. Example sentence; All ivory trafficking between nations is prohibited. Some words are used to mean specific things, so their synonyms may not always replace them.
100 examples of synonyms in English
Messy: Messy desktop makes it difficult to concentrate. What are the 100 examples of antonyms? Example sentence; Although he was seventy years old, he was still robust and active. Example sentence; It takes five years for an elite amateur to become a true Tour de France cyclist. . Deer are a type of mammal.
50 examples of synonyms with phrases
Dim- The light is dim. Example sentence; The proportion of people aged 60 and over is above the EU average of 19 percent. The second most frequently asked question is what are synonyms for? Synonyms In other two words of the same type that have practically the same meaning, despite having different forms, are synonymous words. After work, the next round was at the bar house. In general, try to use precise language rather than vague terms. Valuable- This painting is quite valuable.
100 English synonyms to expand your vocabulary
The girl was happy and smiling. Example sentence; The decision sparked a wave of protests from civil rights organizations. So yes, you can learn synonyms anywhere. For teachers, all they have to do is be creative. Overcome means to go beyond or exceed.
List of 100+ synonyms from A to Z
Frequently Asked Questions What is the difference between synonym, antonym and homonym? Example sentence; Concrete objects such as stones. You were feeding them. You can use word pictures to associate the synonym of the word for students under the age of twelve. An antonym is the opposite. Would you like to have a drink with me? Fit: You need to be in shape to run a marathon. Did you reach your goals? Synonyms are often used to avoid repeating the same word over and over, to make writing more concise, or to choose a word that conveys a specific connotation.
100 examples of synonyms
Example sentence; The Ministry of the Interior eventually admitted that several prisoners were injured. It can also mean any kind of word, regardless of its parts of speech, or a phrase that almost means the same thing or has the same meaning. We hope you understood the synonyms with examples in sentences. Intriguing, I find it very intriguing. Example sentence; He doesn't limit his message to high politics. Now the first examples are synonyms, as are the second group of examples.
What is a thesaurus and antonym dictionary?
Example sentence; The sun always rises in the east. Example sentence; He is convinced that he will not resign. This knowledge was evaluated in a class. Horrible- This dress is horrible, who would wear something like that? Example sentence; The front of his car was destroyed in the collision. It is possible, then, to state that there is no perfect synonymy, since no word is the perfect equivalent of the other in absolutely all contexts, but in general terms, and for practical purposes, we can assume that it exists. As mentioned at the beginning the word examples, the most common thing about these words was that they were synonymous with each other.
100 examples of synonyms with phrases
Stay away from here or else you might be found guilty. Example sentence; The place smelled awful. Example sentence; For no apparent reason, she laughed. Just with this tip, you will have the definition of synonyms. Excited: She was delighted to meet her idol.